Before General Anesthesia (GA) or Intravenous Sedation (IV):
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) as of midnight, the night before your surgery. Avoid mints, gum, candies as well.
- Please minimize (or even stop) smoking before and after surgery, for as long as possible.
- A responsible adult (18 or older) must accompany you to the office, be available to remain in the building, and escort you home.
- Plan to not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia.
- Wear comfortable shoes and loose fitting clothing with short sleeves.
- Contact lenses, jewelry (including piercings), removeable appliances or dentures must be removed prior to surgery.
- Please do not wear makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery. If only
- Please notify us if you have any signs of illness: COVID-19, cold, flu, or stomach upset prior to the surgery.
- If you take routine oral medications please advise the nurse or doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions.